The Kumon Method puts emphasis on “Individualised Instruction” and insists on providing tailor-made study plan and progress to each child in order to nurture their self-learning ability and unleash their maximum potential. With 60 years’ experience in education, we have concluded that the Kumon Method can develop the following abilities and altitude in children.
- Advanced academic skills: comprehension ability, logical thinking ability, expression skills, etc
- Self-learning ability: goal-setting ability, problem-solving skills, advanced concentration ability, perseverance, challenging spirit, etc
Realising Dreams by Developing Self-learning Ability
What we pursue is more than just enhancing children’s Math, English and Chinese ability. The true value of Kumon is to develop children’s self-learning attitude and ability. Children will gain a sense of satisfaction from self-learning and they will keep advancing and striving for their dreams.
As such, Kumon encourages children to study every day and learn to be independent through self-learning. Children gain confidence from solving problems on their own. When they grow up and step into society, they can still keep learning and make efforts towards realising their goals and dreams.
Objective: to develop a high level of calculation ability
- The learning contents include number counting, number writing, four mixed operations, factorisation, calculus, etc.
- The learning materials are well-organised and step-by-step, enabling children to self-study mathematics and develop a high level of calculation ability.
Objective: to develop a high level of Chinese reading ability
- The learning materials cover pronunciation, Chinese characters, vocabulary, grammar, writing, reading, etc. This program helps children enrich their vocabulary and develop advanced reading comprehension ability.
- By studying Kumon worksheets, listening to CD and reading aloud, children’s Chinese ability can be enhanced effectively.
Kumon EFL (English as a Foreign Language)
Objective: to develop an advanced level of reading comprehension ability
- The learning contents start from the simplest content such as vocabulary, sentence structure and grammar to more complicated contents in reading comprehension. Children gradually increase their English proficiency and gain confidence in learning English.
- The learning materials are divided into seven learning stages. By studying Kumon worksheets, listening to CD every day and reading aloud, children develop their English reading comprehension ability.